Saturday, June 30, 2012

Country Livin'

Projects have been few and far in between, but I'm feeling accomplished about replacing the pleather strap on my favorite purse with a real leather strap.  I even have a tutorial for you! (Don't get too excited).

1. Use landlord's super sharp scissors to remove the ugly, ripped up strap


Before


2. Cut a piece of $1.00 scrap leather from The Fabric Warehouse to the appropriate length and width

3. Sew along all sides of new leather strap with purplish-blue thread

4. Wrap end of leather strap through the copper ring still secured to the purse (with old pleather nonetheless) and sew together


Voila!

That took a total of 4 seconds...Nothing to brag about. 

In other news, my garden has taken a turn for the best!   

Zucchini

Basil

Spring Mix


First fruits (potatoes?)




1 comment:

  1. Can you please teach me how to sew? First the dress, then the bag!! You ladies have skill!

    ReplyDelete